Monday, November 19, 2012

A New POV-Ray Tutorial & Other Matters

For those of you who might be thinking of trying your hand at creating animation frames using the (free) POV-Ray raytracing program, I've written a short tutorial on how to do so. It's available here on Stuart Whitmore's  Videoliberty site.

In an unrelated housekeeping note, I've gone through and fixed most (all?) of the broken embeds and links on this blog, most of which were due to the demise of the Revver video hosting service. In cases where I could not find working replacements online (or, more rarely, where I felt the post no longer fit well with the blog) I hit the delete button.  So while the quantity of content here has shrunk, what remains should be working a lot better (and faster too - I deleted a few widgets for reasons unrelated to speed and suddenly found that the pages are loading much more quickly). *
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: